Faesul, Murat, Bradley and Akascha Malta

• 19328 replies
Faesul Murat Bradley and Akascha Malta
« Reply #19125 on: August 20, 2019, 03:48:55 am »
Works for me. I just posted a few test threads in each marketplace forum.

Are you getting a particular error message?

Have you tried a different browser?

« Reply #19126 on: August 20, 2019, 03:27:26 pm »
An added option to choose real gamer 120/144 hz panels, <2ms no 3d crap like found in BenQ monitors, more mechanical keyboardsMSI idea and a minimum 5 years full company support with new BIOSes as necessary in case new unsupported GPUs arrive in market. Oh and all ideas above this post =D

« Reply #19127 on: August 20, 2019, 10:36:21 pm »
Just a minor idea, but bring back physical display latches on big notebooks. My HP 8740w has two heavy duty latches which don't come undone unless I press a button. Display latches are important for bigger notebooks since their displays are heavier, and magnets sometimes aren't strong enough to hold them together with the chassis, especially if you're carrying the notebook at your side with the front of the chassis pointing upward.

Another one: for 17.3-inch and larger notebooks, actually design a keyboard that takes advantage of the width, with full-size numpad keys. 15.6-inch notebooks with numpads almost always have 2/3-sized keys in the numpad so they'll fit, which is understandable, but it annoys me to see those same keyboard put on the 17.3-inch models. That's cost cutting. I want a full-size numpad.

Charles

« Reply #19128 on: August 21, 2019, 01:22:59 am »
The Blu man comes through again GREAT INFO HERE Wild how many versions there are of that box and so few still around. Like btphoto said, interesting about the International being so different. Hopefully more info will turn up on that one day. Do all of them have light up EQs?

« Reply #19129 on: August 21, 2019, 02:49:03 am »
Such a great looking box.  The grey finish and the chrome look awesome together.Im new to this wonderful scene so im trying to get up to speed with the various top end models and this looks like a top end, expensive box. What years were these JVCs manufactured?

Bornes
« Reply #19130 on: August 21, 2019, 08:42:06 am »
bonusmaailma.com

Сео
« Reply #19131 on: August 21, 2019, 11:44:59 am »
Я купил этот парсер
и не жалею.Иногда даже акции бывают

« Reply #19132 on: August 21, 2019, 12:54:54 pm »
Go to walmart and buy a bottle of Brasso and rub off the old liquid metal that turned into the residue on your components and then use rubbing alcohol to wipe the surfaces down. Re-apply liquid metal and try again.

I went through this process with my 8700K and its IHS a couple weeks ago where a re-mount with new liquid metal raised the temps because it wasn't clean. Works great now.

« Reply #19133 on: August 21, 2019, 07:04:40 pm »
I used a very tiny amount and rubbed it on the die itself also since there was a little bit stuck on it. You should be okay as long as you clean up all the Brasso / metal polish with rubbing alcohol afterwards.

Also note it did not remove 100 of the "staining" but it did take out all the residue that made the surface rough/uneven causing the higher temps. You should have a smooth finish afterwards.

« Reply #19134 on: August 21, 2019, 07:55:10 pm »
You have to be careful with the tape and CPUs with IHS. If heat melts it, you may end up with IHS basically glued to heatsink. It happened to me when upgrading from 7700K to 8700K, it wouldn't move even a bit, I had to bend heatsink a little to reach socket lever and release it.

« Reply #19135 on: August 21, 2019, 08:38:44 pm »
One idea that just popped into my head, that I don't recall seeing before, is putting on the bottom of a laptop something similar to what you have on the bottom of keyboards where you can extend plastic tabs to pop up the back of the keyboard.

Put something similar on the bottom of the chassis that is perhaps made of metal or extremely strong plastic to support the weight of the machine. Unlike a keyboard though that just has the two in the back, put four on the bottom of the chassis. One in each corner. If they are "foldable" just like those on the bottom of the keyboard, you could choose to prop the front, back, or the whole thing. Most people always say to prop up the machine if you can for better ventilation/cooling, and the rubber feet on the bottom of the machine typically serves no purpose other than preventing scratches on the surface of where the laptop sits.

« Reply #19136 on: August 21, 2019, 10:48:30 pm »
Maybe if devs allow something like a cheap monthly suscription unlocking all the cosmetics except maybe the most premium or new ones, or something like humble bundle does with their packs of games but now in EC with cosmetics... maybe more players put money into the game. thoughts?

Сео
« Reply #19137 on: August 22, 2019, 03:54:05 am »
Я купил этот парсер
и не жалею.Иногда даже акции бывают

« Reply #19138 on: August 22, 2019, 05:47:14 am »
Regarding toughness. Toughness gets more effective the more armor and health you have so on support classes or jpa which have low base stats and very limited lp anyway its usually more effective to stack pure health/armor instead of going directly into toughness, but the red armor is usually always worth it but on the other classes maxing out toughness is the way to go to maximize your ehp.

« Reply #19139 on: August 22, 2019, 06:25:59 am »
normal
Scratches, not so much

Galinstan is a mix of 3 metals, some of the galium is lost from the mix as it seeps into and alloys with the copper heatsink leaving behind a semi solid Al/Sn residue. Initial liquid metal applications really should be checked within 3 months or, if you're dangerous like I am, use more of it than the thin painted layers you see on all the howto videos, bead it up a bit with your barriers in place of course, foam, nail polish, tape, etc

The stain is an extremely thin layer that you can sand off if you want, but it's just cosmetic so there's really no point, especially if you are reapplying liquid metal

Was it really dry looking when you opened it up? The solid flecks of residue might have been dragged across the gpu die as the heatsink was removed and may also be messing up the fit afterwards leading to the bad temps